Safran in Mexico
Safran has operated in Mexico for more than 20 years. Today, it is the largest Aerospace Employer in Mexico with more than 4,400 employees in ten companies and is also active in the defense and security sectors.
Safran México is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Safran. It is tasked with:
- Representing Safran in relations with all Mexican institutions and promoting the Group in the country.
- Coordinating Safran’s operations in Mexico and Central America.
- Assisting Group companies in their business development.
Safran is heavily involved in sustainable development projects and training programs. For instance, it is leading the project of creating a French-Mexican “Aviation Campus” in Querétaro, to develop a highly-skilled and trained labor force in aviation jobs. Furthermore, the Group welcomes a number of interns and participates in professional training development programs. It has also been a leader in the creation of the aerospace cluster in Querétaro.
The Group also works with Mexican industry on various sustainable development initiatives, In particular we are working with the airline Interjet on the development of a second-generation biofuel, and plan to fly an A320 powered by a CFM56 engine using this fuel.
Several of the Group’s companies have subsidiaries or affiliates in Mexico:
- Labinal and Safran Engineering Services (Chihuahua State)
- Snecma, Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, Messier Services Americas and SAMES (Snecma America Engine Services) (Querétaro State)
- Morpho (Mexico State)
- Safran México, Turbomeca and Morpho (Mexico City)
Montes Urales 505 - Piso 3
Colonia Lomas de Chapultepec
C.P. 11000 México D.F.
Tel: +52 (55) 52-81-87-75
- 2014.02.27 | Turbomeca signs SBH® contract with ADAC Luftfahrt Technik GmbH
- 2014.02.26 | Morpho provides Iusacell with quality of service solution to monitor customer experience
- 2014.02.25 | Morpho Launches Secure, Multifunction Biometric Tablet
Read about Safran’s history in North America