Safran works actively to improve the integration of people with disabilities in the company.
The new Diversity/CSR department carries out actions to address the following:
- Increase hiring of people with disabilities. Safran is a member of various associations and takes part in the Employment Forum organized by “Adapt”, an association that promotes employment of the disabled.
- Develop work-study programs: the “Elan” program is deployed in collaboration with the Safran Foundation for Inclusion. Each year, the Group welcomes young people with disabilities as apprentices or as part of programs to help them acquire employability skills. Safran is also a partner in the “Salto” project launched in 2009 to develop work-study opportunities in industry for people with disabilities.
- Communications initiatives addressing both people with disabilities and employees. The Group takes part in a program sponsored by Agefiph (the organization that manages funds allocated to employment of the disabled in France) called “One Day to Discover a Job in Action”.
- Safran works closely with Agefiph. Safran signed an agreement with Agefiph in May 2010 for two years. Covering all French companies in the Group, this agreement will support the development of an action plan focused on hiring, retaining and training disabled persons.
- 2013.04.26 | Innovative Europe in action: TECH800 demonstration for future helicopter turboshaft engine
- 2013.04.23 | Safran enters into a definitive agreement for the purchase of the Rolls-Royce share of the joint RTM322 helicopter engine programme
- 2013.04.23 | Safran reports 9.5% revenue growth in first-quarter 2013 driven by strong civil aviation business
Read about Safran’s history in North America