Safran’s culture is built on responsible corporate citizenship, people development and recognition, meeting our commitments and the power of teamwork. These values guide our commitment to Society as a whole.
Air transport brings people closer, while supporting economic and social development. In a world characterized by uncertainty, people need solutions that guarantee their safety and security – and Safran meets these requirements. However, an enterprise is not strictly a financial business, and must also live in harmony with the world around it. At Safran, we realize that we require vital elements from the surrounding environment, and we must therefore respect this environment.
In other words, a commitment to society is indispensable to the sustainable development of the Group. Corporate social responsibility has been part of our DNA for many years and is expressed through our core values.
This philosophy is reflected in commitments at many levels:
- Fighting against global warming, by designing products that produce less pollution, and making them in more environmentally-friendly plants.
- Facilitating the integration and continued employment of disabled persons.
- Helping talented young musicians by supporting their training and career development.
- Sponsoring an ocean racing team that reflects our corporate values.
To meet today’s ecological challenge, Safran is deploying a comprehensive strategy to reduce its environmental footprint, based on more environmentally-friendly product design and sustainable management of our production facilities.More
Managing risks to protect people
Safran is mobilizing to manage the risks inherent in our industrial activities and limit environmental impact.More
Managing the use of hazardous substances
Safran focuses on the efficient management of hazardous substances, including the eventual replacement of the most dangerous substances.More
- 2013.04.26 | Innovative Europe in action: TECH800 demonstration for future helicopter turboshaft engine
- 2013.04.23 | Safran enters into a definitive agreement for the purchase of the Rolls-Royce share of the joint RTM322 helicopter engine programme
- 2013.04.23 | Safran reports 9.5% revenue growth in first-quarter 2013 driven by strong civil aviation business
Read about Safran’s history in North America